Friday, June 5, 2009

Smoke and Mirrors, by Neil Gaiman


After being my "break-time book," I finally finished reading all the short stories on Neil Gaiman’s Smoke and Mirrors. It’s just so nice to read his creations. He’s just one of the most unique authors of today. His creativity sent me to another realm of thoughts – somewhere to a new dimension.

I guess, his style of writing really helped in drawing attention and loyalty to millions of his readers all around the globe. He’s just unpredictable. His words just work without question.
His style of giving his compilation of short fictions and illusions their sad endings is a rare thing – rare thing to really look good at all – that’s why I like him.

And some tales are open-ended, leaving you with your imagination to fill the last part with whatever you like. Some stories made me question why?, and some made me just as mad. But in the end, I can’t believe that I liked a particular story that way.


He’s just good at it. Can’t explain how good, how brilliant, how great. I’m totally out of words. Then I began to appreciate the value of specificity in everything – which even what seemed to be nothing at all can be of real interest, indeed.
Hope to explore another world with Anansi Boys – another book of his. I just began reading it after Smoke and Mirrors. And I’ll update you about it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment